You have to decide the best laptop for data science. You need to pick the perfect one. There are many different laptops, and you want one that is either mobile or stays at home. This blog post has 10 ways to pick the perfect laptop!
Things to Consider For Picking Best Laptop For Data Science:
Think about what data science tasks you will do most often.
– If data science is just a hobby for you and your laptop needs are minimal, then it might not make sense to spend $1500 on the latest MacBook Pro with all of the bells and whistles. A Chromebook may suffice! Check out this comparison chart in order to help determine which one would best suit your needs: [link].
– If you use a laptop for work, then get a good laptop. They last longer than two years. You also want to find something that is reliable and can do everything you need it to do at work.
– If you are a mobile data scientist, then you will want to choose a laptop to take with you. Make sure it is small enough to carry around all day so your back doesn’t get sore. Take a look at these options [link].
– If you need a computer but want to be able to move it, consider an adjustable height desk stand. This will let you attach any type of monitor and adjust the angle. It’s perfect for data scientists who work on their laptop all day and want some ergonomics set up correctly. You’ll thank us later!Next, figure out how much memory you need.
– If you are a data scientist who works with large data sets and needs to process them quickly, then it would be best to invest in as much memory (RAM) that is available within your budget. Memory determines how fast code can run on the computer, so this will have a direct impact on any data science tasks or projects you work on. For example, here’s an article about the 15″ laptops that come standard with 32GB RAM!
– If you are not doing data science every day, then 16 GB is enough. If you are doing data science every day and analyzing blood samples for medical research, then maybe 32 GB would be better.
– If you are just doing data science on your laptop for fun, it doesn’t make sense to spend $1500. Some laptops are cheaper and they work too. This website has a comparison chart that you can use to see which one is best for your needs: [link].
Next, think about what internet connection you need. Do you need the fastest internet possible? Will there be wifi at your job or school? Is data security important, for example when you want to transfer files over a cellular network?
– If you don’t need high-speed internet and just need to use WiFi, get a Chromebook. They are only $200. Chromebooks are perfect for doing data science because they have all the basics for data scientists to do their work, but no extra features.
– If you need a laptop with a screen that can show high speed internet anywhere, then get the Macbook Pro (with Touch Bar) because it has an extra port. This is good for data scientists who want to connect their laptop to an external monitor without adapters.
– This hard drive, which provides data encryption and password protection, is good if you want to keep your data safe. You will always be safe when using this hard drive.
– If you are buying a laptop for investing, make sure to buy insurance. We have a guide of the best plans available if you want something specific for data scientists: [link]
This is the last thing you should think about. It doesn’t matter what OS you have, just use it.
– For data science work at home or school, you might need a laptop with Windows. You can find lots of great software for this like Jupyter Notebook, Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow. And if you work with the programming language R, then get RStudio.
– On the other hand, if your work has sensitive information, then it is best to use a Mac. They have better security. Be aware that some data science programs only run on Linux. That means you will need to factor that in when deciding what kind of software you want to use.
Find out if your data science laptop has an optical drive. Do you need one?
– If you work with CDs or DVDs at home or school, it is best to use a laptop and not another computer.
– When you do a data science project, it is important to have a laptop without an optical drive because some people can steal information from your computer by using spyware.